Thursday, January 14, 2010

"It's because Shirou said they looked good on me."

Say it with me now: awwwwwww.

Just finished episode 11 of Fate/stay night and Saber is the badass I want to be when I grow up, homg. She is the coolest ever. Although Rider's got some lurking awesome in her, too. And let's not forget Rin, the Tsundere rival girl. Damn, girls of FSN, why you all so cool?

Last night I spontaneously got tired of my hair and so I cut it. Keep in mind this is the first time I ever cut my own hair, ever, and that I am too broke to go to my usual salon (which means that when I finally go back Heather will be all, "what the HELL did you do to yourself?!"). I meant to just trim it, but now a few inches have been taken off and it's rather shorter. I like it. Pictures will be upcoming as soon as I can take a decent one.

I realized I didn't explain the story of why I'm knitting a lampshade (you heard me), so here goes. For Christmas, my little sister got me a book of knitting patterns for the home by Suss Cousins (Home Knits, in case you were curious). It has some truly gorgeous things and some highly practical things, sometimes even combining the two which I consider a success.

One of the first patterns in the book is for a striped cotton lampshade. I know Matt's mom loves homemade and vintage things, and his parents had me over to share Thanksgiving with them, so I thought that this would be a suitable thank-you present - also, I really like Matt's mom and I knit things for the people I like! (FYI, Matt's getting some gloves as soon as I get the money to order the yarn.) So I went out and bought some worsted-weight 100% cotton yarn and got cracking.

It's a very sunny yellow and white combination, which I think suits her really well. It's bright and lovely and happy. I'd prefer a darker color for contrast, but it's really hard not to like this happy yellow color. I'm knitting it while watching FSN, which is double bonus, I think.

Today, I think I'll leave you all with a video I posted on Twitter yesterday: happy manta rays jumping out of the water and flapping around! If this doesn't put a smile on your face, you are lying to me. Ta!

No comments:

Post a Comment