Tuesday, January 12, 2010

A (Far Too) Comprehensive Look at My Day

Today officially began the Great Job Hunt of 2010 for Dom and Matt. I dropped off an application at Victoria's Secret and made sure I was remembered, so hopefully I'll get a call for interviews soon, especially because the manager who took my app said to expect one week after next. They'll be group interviews too, so fab, I suppose.

Matt had a considerably less awesome day - he locked his keys in his car at the restaurant he went to, paid $40 for a guy basically to break into his car for him, and then had to go get his oil filter changed because yesterday they wouldn't do it. Yeah. So when he got back to his place, I tried to cheer him up with the usual girlfriend antics - hugs, cuddling, putting on Yu Yu Hakusho. (It worked.)

Speaking of Yu Yu, Matt got me into it (obvs) and homg hilarious. But still awesome! We're at the end of the Dark Tournament and I am so hooked it's scary. The humor translates really well, and the characters are actually interesting. (We're past that whole era where it was really dorky to love anime, right? Because I've got some serious anime crushes and if anyone makes fun of me over it, I swear I will go crazyscary!Dom on their asses.)

Also started Fate/stay night - the anime, not the game - and I'm pretty in love with that too. Very dark, very interesting, and very mytho-centric, which is a sure hit with me. I'm obsessed with mythology; have been since a very young age. Anything that references mythology is something that has me going, "omg what did you see that?" in a very good way. It's the reason I love Arthur, King of Time and Space so much. A webcomic about King Arthur in various retellings? Sign me up! As soon as Guinevere and Lancelot realized they were in love (dude, I am not even spoiler-tagging that, because if you don't know that then there is clearly no help for you in the pop culture department), I starting fangirling something FIERCE.

Ahem. Anyway. Fate/stay night.

I just finished episode 4, and I want to watch episode 5 sometime when my body isn't "OMG I AM NOT USED TO BEING THIS ACTIVE GO BACK TO KNITTING". I'm interested to find out who Saber and Archer are - I'm flipping through my mental database of both mythological and historical heroes that fit their descriptions, but so far nada. Then again, Cuchulainn was a blue-haired, red-eyed dude with a Tamahome ponytail, so this may be more difficult that previously anticipated. Maybe I should just wait.

On the knitting front, I had to rip out this lampshade start FOUR TIMES CHRIST. First two times, the cast-on edge just wasn't right; third time, it was the wrong gauge; last time, I misread the directions and knit too many rows in one color, so I had to rip out over ten rows of stockinette. Keep in mind it's 72 stitches per row, and then I had to reinsert the needle because I am really tired of casting on. Now I finally have it where I want it, but all that work for five rows? aaaarrrrgh. Lace knitting is less stressful than this, I swear. Which reminds me, now that I have size 4s, I should get crackin' on that Swallowtail again. (One of my 4s broke before which left me all D:-faced, but now that I have a new pair of interchangeables I can go back to it.)

Okay, I think that's enough for one day, especially on so much. Maybe tomorrow my day will be more interesting and less hectic? I did schedule a coffee date with Trey (not to be confused with a real date), which means that I will probably go back to my usual plans of crossword-solving and knitting in Starbucks (shut up it's in the student center and has huge windows to let light in; I gravitate towards light) like I used to before my month-long break at home. Oh routine, I missed you so.

As a parting gift, I leave you the video of one of my favorite artists, Zee Avi, covering Morrissey's song "First of the Gang to Die". If you're familiar with Zee Avi, YEAH I KNOW. It's really great, too. Enjoy, and good night!

No comments:

Post a Comment