Tuesday, January 13, 2009

Standard introductory post should be here, I presume.

This is all my friend Petite's fault. He was the one who suggested I start a blog to dump all my critiques and reviews of all the things I like into one place because surely, he says, I will be a big hit!

Having been on the intarwebz before (albeit on LiveJournal), I sincerely doubt that, but at least nobody can say I didn't give it a shot.

Standard procedure is to give one's name and such, so here goes: My name is Dominique, but since that seems hard for many people to pronounce, I go by Dom. I'm twenty as of writing this and a something in college. Probably a sophomore. That sounds about right.

I enjoy just about everything, and if I don't it's because I gave it a fair try and discovered that it's really not worth my time. Mostly I try to be open-minded, but not so open-minded that my brain falls out. I like what I like and I'm very vocal about it. What I don't like varies between "It's just not my cup of tea" and "Dear God let me smash it with a hammer". I feel a compulsive need to always be the Deadpan Snarker in any ensemble I'm in. I read a lot and I'm very hands-on. Also, I love TV Tropes and have wasted endless hours (read: days) in that time-sucking void. I'm not complaining or anything, but it takes a lot to get me back out into reality after clicking a link over to there.

As for my more personal life, I have friends, a family, and a boyfriend. Pretty standard, although clearly I prefer them to any other issues. I have a roommate in one of those stereotype dorms, but we eschewed turning our beds into bunk beds and thus turning our room into something out of a summer camp. We live together, but we each have our separate lives and enjoy them quite nicely.

This blog isn't for me to gab away about my personal life, though. That's my business and, quite frankly, none of yours. Seriously, that's what Facebook is for. Here, I'm just going to be reviewing and opinioning all over the place, so if you're looking for some college girl sob story you will be very disappointed in me. I got tired of LiveJournal and talking about my omgsopersonal life. I'd rather talk about stuff here.

So, if it's something I can look at, listen to, taste, touch, or smell, I'll have an opinion on it. What can I say, I'm a girl who knows what she likes and what she doesn't.

That's pretty much it. I hate these types of posts because they always sound so different in my head, and also because it's so tedious talking about myself. Blah blah blah, whatever, on with the good stuff. First review of... something will be forthcoming later in the day, I'm sure.

Also: the blog name comes from a Bitter:Sweet song called Sugar Mama. And before you ask, yes, it is true.

No comments:

Post a Comment